Friday, February 29, 2008

More Obama Articles

I've been reading a copy of The Atlantic I found at the gym while I'm sitting in the sauna. (Honestly, who wants to sit for 30 minutes in the hot sauna with nothing interesting to do?) I've enjoyed the articles, so I looked them up to see if I could find links.

Goodbye to All That: Why Obama Matters


This one is really interesting, in that it divides the Clinton-Obama race according to generations and looks back to the polarization of the Viet Nam War.

Teacher and Apprentice

This one discusses how Obama's presidential campaign took the Clintons by surprise.

5 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

it's really easy to vote present and not stand for anything except an eye on the White House- committment??

Sandy Kessler said...

first one is a good article--he's way too self serving for me ..my candidates are all gone

Tamara said...

I just don't see that in him. I think he's a visionary with a new outlook on politics.

i beati said...

Look up his record

Tamara said...

I have. I still like him.

I'm not against Senator Clinton, either, though. I'll be happy to have a strong presidential candidate no matter what. However, I think Obama will finally bring something new to politics. Something the younger voters have been looking for. Something I've been looking for since my first election.

I think the differences may indeed be generational--especially based on the articles linked here.