Wednesday, February 20, 2008

For the doubters out there (another Obama post)

So one Sunday, I put on one of the few clean jackets I had, and went over to Trinity United Church of Christ on 95th Street on the South Side of Chicago. And I heard Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright deliver a sermon called "The Audacity of Hope." And during the course of that sermon, he introduced me to someone named Jesus Christ. I learned that my sins could be redeemed. I learned that those things I was too weak to accomplish myself, He would accomplish with me if I placed my trust in Him. And in time, I came to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death, but rather as an active, palpable agent in the world and in my own life.


Read the whole thing here.




Image source here.

1 comment:

i beati said...

read senate summary = nothing. Talk to people from there= does nothing only has eye on white house what will he do there?? probably nothing