Sunday, August 13, 2006

This is my favorite detail because I think the decorative ribbon and nails came out really good on this side. On the rest of the chair, there are all kinds of mistakes with the nails being uneven or not centered on the ribbon. But this side looks pretty good.


The finished project!

There are lots of marks in the wood from our efforts, but Tiffany thinks a wax pen will work to erase some of them. However, one thing Cade and I love on this chair is the natural aging. I have no idea how old this chair really is, but it's built well and is finally comfortable again.

I saved a bit of the materials from the original chair--the leather, straw, burlap, and a small note telling where it's from and who recovered it--in an envelope and wrapped it in the batting on the seat back. If it ever really needs to be dated, I hope that serves the purpose. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandy Kessler said...

good job- one for the memory basket sk