Monday, April 03, 2006


Then the Priest turns her that is to be baptized to face westward, then says thrice:
Do you renounce Satan, and all his works, and all his worship, and all his angels, and all his pomp?
Each time the godparents answer and say:
I do renounce him.
Again the Priest asks: (3 times)
Have you renounced Satan?
And the godparents answer (3 times):
I have renounced him.
After the third time, the Priest says:
Then blow and spit upon him.
And this being done, the Priest turns the Catechumen to the East with lowered hands, and repeats the following three times:
Do you join Christ?
The question is answered three times:
I do join Him.
Again the Priest asks three times:
Have you joined Christ?
Godparents:
I have joined Him.
Again the Priest asks:
And do you believe in Him?
Godparents:
I believe in Him as King and as God.
After the completion of the Creed, the Priest asks thrice:
Have you joined Christ?
Godparents:
I have joined Him.
Then the Priest says:
Then bow before Him and worship Him.
Godparents bow down, saying:
I bow down before the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit; Trinity One in Essence and Undivided.
Priest: Blessed is God Who desires that all people should be saved, and come to the knowledge of the Truth; both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.
Let us pray to the Lord.
People: Lord have mercy.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: